Dates From: 1850
Original Location: Kettleby, Ontario
Charles Irvine’s Weaver’s Shop is located in the back portion of the Kettleby Temperance Hall, the same building that houses the village printer. The shop was equipped with a (then) state-of-the-art flying shuttle loom and a large warping mill. With these tools, the weaver could produce a wide range of textiles for household use.
During the early 1860’s there were more than 600 weavers located in small communities across Ontario.