Dates From: circa 1850
Original Location: Paris, Ontario
This one-and-a-half-storey timber frame structure with board and batten was the home of the Cooper’s Workshop. The second floor provided storage for the raw materials used to craft a wide range of wooden containers for shipping. Located next to the Grist Mill, the shop was likely kept busy building barrels for flour.
The Cooperage was moved to Black Creek Pioneer Village in 1976, and restored and opened in 1988.