Dates From: circa 1850
Original Location: Edgeley, Ontario (Jane Street and Highway 7)
This tiny structure, just eight feet by seven feet on the inside, was built using field stone and brick. It took 65 days of labour to dismantle and rebuild the cellar on-site at Black Creek.
It has two sets of doors to better insulate the space for fruit and root vegetable storage. A small vent at the end opposite the doors could be opened or closed, according to the weather, to regulate the temperature inside. Wooden bins along the walls held the apples in layers of straw to insulate the fruit and increase their storage life.